Employment With Manos de Cristo
Manos de Cristo is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income individuals through our Dental Center, educational programs, and basic needs services. We are seeking motivated, compassionate candidates who are interested in being part of our mission and working to improve the lives of our clients.
We value diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Manos de Cristo provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or marital status. Nothing in the job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Current Job Openings:
Hours: Full-time; some evenings and weekends may be required
The full-time Communications Manager contributes to the success of the organization’s strategic fundraising plan. As a member of the Development Team, this position has a key role in ensuring the agency meets or exceeds its fundraising and client service goals by developing and implementing strategies for all communications, website, and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate our mission. The Communications Manager will ensure that Manos de Cristo is viewed as the premiere nonprofit agency providing dental, basic needs, and adult education within our diverse community.
- -Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual communications plan across the agency’s discreet audiences in collaboration with other key staff within the agency
- -Work with agency leadership and Development team to develop key messaging across diverse constituencies and collect client testimonials and stories
- -Put communications vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities
- -Manage development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, direct mail, invitations, press releases, newsletters, brochures, annual report, e-newsletters, mass email and website
- -Develop and create professional copy and messaging for the organization; ensure accuracy in all messaging distributed to the community
- -Manage webpage maintenance—ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly
- -Track and measure the level of engagement within the agency over time across various delivery methods. Use the information to develop strategy
- -Manage all media contacts; assist with media training and preparation
- -Prepare donor mailing lists and maintain up-to-date contact information
- -Prepare all marketing as it pertains to agency fundraising events and manages media sponsorships
-Other duties as assigned
- -Bachelor’s Degree with 4+ year’s nonprofit communications experience, or related marketing/sales/communications experience required
- -Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- -Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- -Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required
- -A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- -The ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages, and disseminate it to the right audiences through proper distribution channels is critical
- -Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to "manage by influence"
- -High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- -Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- -Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, Power Point) computer skills, Adobe Creative Suite or similar design suite, Wordpress or other web content software, and Constant Contact experience are all strongly preferred
- -Customer Service oriented - demonstrates the ability to respond with urgency to the needs and requests of others, internally and externally and ensure a high degree of responsiveness to all donors without regard to their giving level. Understand the impact of their work on others.
- -Maintains constructive relationships and demonstrates respect for everyone contacted.
- -Deals constructively with conflict and focuses on the situation, issue or behavior and not on the person by diffusing situations before conflicts arise, resolving conflicts, directly and actively promoting and gaining cooperation from others.
- -Willingness and ability to adjust to changing conditions or priorities.
- -Takes the initiative to identify and act on problems and leads by example.
- -Consistently makes decisions that resolve problems.
- -Professional appearance.
Manos de Cristo provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or marital status. Nothing in the job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Days of Week: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat
DESCRIPTION: We are looking for an energetic person to welcome and acknowledge all patients, anticipate and address patients' experience needs, and thank patients with genuine appreciation. Therefore, we are seeking an exceptional individual to join our dental practice as a scheduling coordinator. We are looking for someone who is a great communicator; bilingual preferred, organized and has a positive can-do attitude. Candidates must have dental knowledge. Our ideal candidate provides exceptional patient care to our patients – warm, friendly, outgoing and caring.
Greet patients and respond to incoming phone calls
Schedule and confirm appointments
Review and educate patients on treatment plans
Monitor emails and patient management systems
Processing patient data (forms, x-rays, etc.)
Identify and fill openings in the schedule
Check out patients (payments, next appointments, feedback, etc.)
Attention to detail concerning all aspects of patient care
Must have Dental Assisting experience
You Need: A proven track record of success! A passion for doing things correct and leaving things better than where you found them. Be sure you come prepared with many examples of how you do this. The ability to be trained and able to take what you learned and apply it every day in your position. Be able to show you can be a team member!
Schedule/hours will be discussed during the interview process with qualified candidates. Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Part- Time 10:00a.m. to 6p.m., Monday through Thursdays
- Greet and seat patients.
- Help answer patient questions and support treatment diagnosed.
- Assist in patient education.
- Insure that the proper set up and materials are prepared for each procedure.
- Assist the dentist at all times and anticipates his/her needs.
- Properly document the patient’s record for all treatment diagnosed and completed.
- Take, process and mount x-rays in template correctly.
- Take and pour impressions.
- Make temporary crowns, pack cord and fabricate bleaching trays.
- Be responsible for the appearance of the treatment rooms, sterilization area and lab area. Making sure that treatment rooms are properly stocked and clean.
- Clean, oil, and sterilize hand pieces.
- Follow the protocol for ordering clinical supplies.
- Assist at front desk as time permits.
- Assist Hygienists with probing or as needed.
- Make courtesy calls to patients who had complicated treatment.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Registered Dental Assistant
- Must hold a current Registered Dental Assistant Certificate by the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish, both written and spoken
- Obtain and maintain annual CPR certification
- Obtain and maintain annual OSHA requirements
- Ability to pass background check for felony convictions, probation for substance abuse or malpractice
- Ability to use Dentrix required
- Ability to multi-task and handle stress in a fast pace environment while keeping a positive disposition.
If you are interested in joining a team that is passionate about helping those individuals that are in direr need of dental care and like working in a fast pace office and feel you qualify for this position send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org